Your website is the heart of community engagement
Did you know you can improve it without a complete overhaul?
Our platform upgrade service provides more impact with less time and money
Help your visitors learn about your organization more easily on all size screens
Easier to update
Make changes to your pages, posts, images, and maps without a fuss
Improve your website while getting ready for future branding initiatives
Our digital platforms are mobile optimized, search-engine friendly, integrate with email, video, and social media, and are ready for future enhancements
New England organizations we've supported
We raise digital platforms to the next level by improving user experience, simplifying editing interfaces, and coaching best practices
- Appalachian Mountain Club – Andover committee
- Bates College – Lewiston, ME
- Cathance River Education Alliance – Topsham, ME
- Chinese and American Friendship Association of Maine – Portland, ME
- Dartmouth College – Hanover, NH
- Educate Maine – Portland, ME
- Eight Towns the the Bay – Haverhill, MA
- Friends of Hog Island – Bremen, ME
- Friends of Our Trails – Newburyport, MA
- Green Mountain Audubon Society/Audubon Vermont – Huntington, VT
- Green Mountain Club – Burlington VT
- Green Mountain Club – Northeast Kingdom VT
- Harvard Law School – Cambridge, MA
- Ipswich Bay Circuit Trail Committee – Ipswich, MA
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum – Vergennes, VT
- Lebanon Historical Society – Lebanon, NH
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust – Topsham, ME
- Maine Land Trust Network – Topsham, ME
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Cambridge, MA
- Regional Educational Television Network – Burlington, VT
- Town of Barnet, VT
- University of New England – Portland, ME
- WGBH Alumni Network – Boston, MA
- Winooski Valley Park District – Burlington, VT
Before and after
We'll work within your current brand design patterns to improve user experience
Move the sliders to see a few examples of the non-profit communities we've supported
We also write and edit content, design graphics, develop and edit videos, and implement digital marketing automation, asset management, and project collaboration platforms
Impacts we've made possible
- Collected 250% more email addresses after implementing digital marketing automation
- Increased website uptime to 99.996% after fine-tuning hosting service
- Achieved an A (90%+) rating in website performance by GTMetrix
- Produced short social media videos viewed over 80,000 times in six months
- Re-architected and edited new website increasing engagement by over 60%
I’ve come to admire Jay’s expertise in project management and his skills to bring a project to life and see it through to the finish line. He also successfully uses these skills to work across the organization by responding in a timely manner to all requests that he receives with thoughtful, timely, and robust feedback.
— Kristen Eaton, Maine Coast Heritage Trust
Jay can think big or small. He's able to listen and meet you where you are... He is a systems thinker who loves a challenge and happily takes on bigger projects with enthusiasm. Jay gives the impression that he truly loves his work, and also enjoys helping you love your work, too!
— Donna Bissett, Maine Land Trust Network
Jay worked with dedication in this fast-paced environment to shape programs and network across UNE for support and resources. The work entailed negotiating and collaborating with teams on IT systems, contract processes, business operations, and staff management. I found Jay to be forward thinking, open and collaborative, and supportive of his team and the broader group of UNE partners. It has been a pleasure to see the positive impact Jay's work has had on so many.
— Ellen Beaulieu, University of New England
Jay is highly conceptual and applies a strategic approach to his work... He worked with creativity and involved many experts in the field in the work of the college. He was diligent and hard working. Jay takes initiative to go beyond the expected parameters of his job. Jay is very knowledgeable in his field and well-regarded by professional peers
— Bryan McNulty, Bates College
We’ve just completed making improvements and relaunched our site. We wanted to keep our current branding until we are ready for complete redesign, so our immediate goal was to simplify the site for our visitors and make it easier to update. We worked with Jay Collier to improve our WordPress design and configuration and now it is more intuitive for visitors and staff. I highly recommend working with him.
— Amelia Nadilo, York Land Trust
Since Jay upgraded our website, it has run seamlessly! We no longer live in fear of the inexplicable crashes, error messages, and other website issues that frustrate online audiences and undermine our credibility as an effective organization. We are so grateful for his expertise and extensive knowledge of all things tech-related!
— Caroline Eliot, Cathance River Education Alliance
Thank you for being so kind, generous with your time, good-natured, and amazingly organized. You're a wonderful teacher.
You have been such a great team member and a great partner in working through improvements.
I’ve learned so much from working with you, and have always appreciated the kindness, competence, and creativity you’ve brought to our work together.
You have done incredible work advancing us in marketing automation, as well as the beautiful execution of your video work and huge improvements to our website.
I appreciate your sharp insights, passion for doing what is right for the organization, and committment to efficiency and excellence.
Find out if our services are right for you
Answer these four questions for a free, no-commitment consult
The Compass LLC is a Maine-based digital engagement consultancy.
Founder Jay Collier has over 20 years of experience in digital engagement strategy, management, design, and delivery for non-profit organizations and the communities they serve.
We are in the homeland of the Wabanaki, the People of the Dawn. We extend our respect and gratitude to the many Indigenous people and their ancestors whose rich histories and vibrant communities include the Abenaki, Maliseet, Micmac, Passamaquoddy, and Penobscot Nations and all of the Native communities who have lived here for thousands of generations in what is known today as Maine, New England, and the Canadian Maritimes.