Sustaining the University Web
March 1, 2005
Presentation (2.4 MB PDF download)
Possibilities: Where do you want to go?
- The Web experience as narrative
- Integrated publishing paradigm
- From pull media to push media
- Integration of place and time
- Integration of multimedia
Perspective: Where are you now?
- Governance structure
- Expectations and resources
- Existing approach to Web
- Content inventory
- Interface conventions
- Technical requirements
Planning: How will you get there?
- Meta-mapping the process
- Iterative approach
- Multiple systems
- Development process
People: Who will lead the way?
- Leadership: sharing the vision
- Team building: pulling together
- Team structure
- Team support
Process: How will systems get built?
- Sustainable architecture
- Sustainable production
- Sustainable client relations
- Sustainable editorial workflow
- Sustainable engineering
Progress: How far have you come?
- Measure success
- Scalability and sustainability
- Pace yourself and your team